J O B D E S C R I P T I O N
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Department: Intellectual Property (“IP”) Solutions Location:
Boston, MA Reports to: General Manager, IP Solutions Job Type: Full-Time
Position Overview The Administrative Assistant is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations and administration of the Intellectual Property Practice Area to ensure it is run professionally and efficiently.
Administrative & Operational
• Assist with case initiation, engagement letters, timekeeping, travel arrangements, and accounts receivables for selected team members.
• Act as a liaison to vendors and building management, as needed.
• Responsible for general administrative work such as correspondence, scanning, and data entry.
• Assist with time reporting, including monitoring accuracy and timeliness of staff timesheets.
• Assist with preparation of expense reporting, including reviewing and submitting accounting presented by personnel and vendors.
• Assist with special projects, including legal and technical research, as requested.
• Set up new IP client engagements in internal systems
• Work with clients/end-clients to close matters, return or destroy client property and files (following provisions of protective orders)
• Generate protective order disclosures, listing engagements staff have previously worked on
Maintain records/processes for IP Solutions business unit
• Assist with record keeping and knowledge management for the group
• Implement practice policies regarding storage and tracking of client materials and assets
• Prepare recommendations to create new systems or revise established procedures
• Maintain internal libraries of books and software
• Retrieve patent file histories, complaints, other requested documents using PAIR, PACER, DocketNavigator, LexMachina, etc.
• Perform conflict checks for new client engagements
• Research companies, law firms, attorneys
• Assist with business development presentations and proposals
• Ensure all systems have complete and up-to-date client information.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Highly organized.
• Superior writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
• Able to manage multiple priorities with flexibility, adaptable to rapid growth or change.
• Works effectively and professionally with employees in multiple locations.
• Proactively asks questions and solves problems.
• Ability to quickly switch focus in response to incoming urgent tasks
To apply: Email resume to Christopher Rucinski, firstname.lastname@example.org