We are looking for a talented Intern for our Digital Team to provide a variety of support to NESN.com’s daily operations while gaining valuable experience in various aspects of new media.
Responsibilities will include but is not limited to:
- Copy, edit, post and update stories
- Edit and post relevant video, photos and audio content
- Research future projects
- Assist with other facets of editorial Web production
- Potential writing opportunities may exist
- Must be currently enrolled as a student in a College or University
- Pursuing a degree in Journalism, Communications, English or a related field is preferred
- Have solid knowledge of and interest in sports - a background in hockey and/or baseball is especially helpful
- Available and willing to work night and weekend shifts
- Excellent research and organizational skills and must be detail oriented
- Must possess basic journalistic skills - copy editing, familiarity with AP Style, etc
- Ability to be successful working in a fast paced, loosely structured environment
- Should have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision but also able to work effectively within a team environment
- Experience working with/having knowledge of new media practices and/or multiple media formats, text, video, audio and photo - is a plus
- Must embrace the NESN Core Values; People, Customer Focus, Adaptability, Teamwork, Diversity, Integrity, Accountability, Passion, Social Responsibility
Who We Are
The New England Sports Network (NESN), owned by the Boston Red Sox and Boston Bruins, is the definitive source for New England sports programming and has consistently been one of the top rated regional sports networks in the country. We are looking for a team of driven and enthusiastic Interns to join us for the Fall 2018 semester! This is a great opportunity for current college students looking to gain experience in a fast-paced work environment while learning from our experienced team.
NESN is proud to be a diverse and inclusive employer. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.